March Madness Squares Pools
March Madness is a three week period packed will buzzer beaters, cinderella teams, and it's a sports poolers dream. But how can you keep the excitement alive when most of your members have had their brackets busted? A great option is our March Madness Squares pool format, as every game of the tournament will have a winner!
How Do March Madness Squares Work?
If you are familiar with Super Bowl Squares, the core concept is the same for March Madness. A 10x10 grid of boxes is setup and each row and column are assigned a number from 0 to 9. Just like a Super Bowl Squares pool, each square of the grid can be claimed by a pool member.
- Pool members login and click grid squares to claim them.
- Grid numbers are hidden from your members until you decide to show them or the Tournament begins, whichever comes first.
- Unlike the Super Bowl where there is only ONE game, members' squares are theirs for EVERY game, starting with the round you choose.
- At the end of every game, we automatically compare the last digit of both teams' score is to determine a winner.
- We will list each individual winner as well as as aggregate count of how many times each pool member has won.
Throw away the poster board! Get rid of the colored markers! Members of your March Madness Squares pool will simply login to the website and click the square(s) they want. You'll have no more issues with squares containing illegible names and members will be unable to pick more squares then your pool allows. Members of your pool can join and participate from anywhere in the country ... or the world.
Results and Winning Squares
Winning boxes are determined by looking at the final score of each game. The top row of numbers (horizontal) represents the winning team while the side (vertical) represents the losing team.
In this example, North Carolina is the winning team and the last digit of their score (73) is 3. We would look for the 3 across the top of the grid. Miami's score was 64, so we look for the 4 down the left side of the grid.
In the sample grid below, the winner in this example would be Paul Lombardi. However, you would not be required to find the winner, as we do that work for you, as you can see in the Game Results and Winning Squares section below.
Pool members see the squares grid and all other pool members picks online, in real-time. The completed squares grid can also be printed out and distributed so members don't need to be near a computer to see who has won.
Game Results and Winning Squares
|Winning Team||Losing Team||Winner||Top #||Side #|
|(7) North Carolina||73||(10) Miami (FL)||64||Paul Lombardi||3||4|
|(8) George Mason||62||(9) Villanova||57||Stephanie Ryan||2||7|
|(4) Kentucky||59||(13) Princeton||57||[Empty]||9||7|
|(11) Marquette||64||(6) Xavier||55||Stephanie Ryan||4||5|
Options for Pool Administrators
RunYourPool.com gives Pool Administrators numerous options to make your Squares pool as flexible as possible:
- Number assignment options—Grid numbers can be randomly assigned or custom assigned by the Administrator for each grid.
- Maximum pick count—Administrators can specify the maximum number of boxes that a member can pick. This number can be different for each grid in a pool.
- Easy grid setup—You can create a new grid at any time (for an additional fee).
- Multiple grids per pool—Add new grids to your existing pool in seconds. They'll all be handled under a single login for you and your members.
Brand your Pool
Add your company or organization logo to customize the look of your pool. For more information, see our Brand Your Pool page.
Private Message Boards
Every March Madness Squares pool hosted at RunYourPool.com includes a free, private message board. Your pool's message board, accessible only to your pool members, is a great way to communicate with members who aren't lucky enough to join you for the March Madness.
March Madness Squares Pool Pricing
Your pool can contain an unlimited number of grids. The total cost to run an March Madness Squares pool for up to 100 members is $19.95 PER GRID.
Included in the cost is the added benefit that we retain your pool information and members from year-to-year. Simply reset your pool next year and have your members log back in to pick again.
Start your Pool Today!
Start your March Madness Squares pool with us today. If you have any additional questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're happy to answer any questions you may have.